GDS மூலம் PA நேரடி தேர்வு அறிவிப்பு
1.1.2012 அன்று ஐந்தாண்டு GDS சர்வீஸ் வேண்டும்
விண்ணபிக்க வேண்டிய கடைசி நாள் 12.3.2014
கல்வி தகுதி plus 2
வயது SC /ST --35 OBC--33 UR---30
Department of Posts, India
The Chief Postmaster General,
Chennai – 60 0002
The Postmasters General, CCR/CR/SR/WR
The SSRM, Airmail Sorting Dn, Chennai – 600027
The SRM, Chennai Sorting Dn/’M’ Division Chennai -600 008.
No. REP/4-4/2013-14 dated at Chennai 600002 the 25.02.2014
Sub : Examination for selection of eligible GDS to the cadre of PA/SA against the unfilled departmental vacancies for the year 2012 – reg.
In accordance with the Directorate’s letter no. A.34012/10/2014-DE dated 21.02.2014, it has been decided to hold the Examination among the GDS officials for selection to the cadre of PA/SA, for the unfilled departmental quota vacancies of 2012 in Tamilnadu Circle. The division-wise vacancy position for the examination is furnished in the Annexure. This may be communicated to all GDS officials including those on leave.
The Eligibility criteria are :
1. Educational Qualification : (i) Should have passed 10+2 or 12th class from a Recognized University or Board of Secondary Education with English as a compulsory subject (excluding Vocational streams)
(ii) Should have studied Local Language of the State or Union Territory of the Concerned Postal Circle, or Hindi as a subject at least in Matriculation or equivalent level.
2. Age Condition : (i) The Gramin Dak Sevaks should be within 30 years of age as on 1-1-2012 (for the year to which vacancy pertains to) in r/o UR candidates
(ii) Gramin Dak Sevaks belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe should be within 35 years of age as on 1-1-2012 and;
(iii) those Gramin Dak Sevaks belonging to Other Backward Classes should be within 33 years of age as on 1-1-2012 ;
The Gramin dak sevaks should submit an attested copy of Caste certificate issued by the Competent authority in the prescribed format along with his application.
3. Service Condition : The Gramin Dak Sevaks must have put in minimum 5 years of regular and continuous service as on 1-1-2012.
4. Pattern of Examination : All eligible GDS belonging to various categories who have the educational qualification of 10+2 or 12th class pass from a recognized university or Board of School Education or Board of Secondary Education with English as a compulsory subject and fulfilling the conditions cited above shall be invited for appearing in Aptitude test. (Paper I) (No weightage for marks secured by the Applicants in 10+2 or 12th class will be given while preparing the Merit Lists)
Aptitude Test (Paper-I) will be comprising four parts (Part A, B, C & D). The duration of the Aptitude Test will be for 2 hours (120 minutes). There is no negative marking.
25 Questions on General Knowledge - Questions on current events, sports, history, geography, basic economics, general politics, Indian Constitution, Science environment etc (25 marks).
25 Questions on Mathematics of matriculation standard which may cover number system, simplification, decimals, corrections, simple and compound interest, percentage, average, profit and loss, discount, mensuration, Time & work and time & distance etc. (25 Marks)
25 questions on English covering grammar (prepositions, adverbs, conjunction, direct/indirect speech, singular & plural, tenses, antonyms/synonyms etc. (25 Marks)
25 Questions on Reasoning and analytical Ability. (25 marks)
4.1. Gramin Dak Sevaks numbering five (5) times the total number of vacancies in each category i.e., OC, SC, ST, OBC, etc shall be declared qualified in descending order of merit based on the marks secured by them in the Aptitude Test (Paper I) for taking the Computer/Typing Test (Paper II). The minimum qualifying marks to be obtained in each part of the Aptitude Test is prescribed as under:-
Unreserved candidates (OC)
40% i.e. 10 marks in each part and 40% in aggregate. The candidate has to qualify in each part i.e. Part A, B, C & D besides securing prescribed aggregate marks.
37% i.e. 9 marks in each part and 37% in aggregate. The candidate has to qualify in each part i.e. Part A, B, C & D besides securing prescribed aggregate marks.
33% i.e. 8 marks in each part and 33% in aggregate. The candidate has to qualify in each part i.e. Part A, B, C & D besides securing prescribed aggregate marks.
4.2. Computer/ Typing Test ( Paper II) : The typing test will be for a duration of 30 minutes (15 minutes for typing and 15 minutes for data entry) consisting
one passage of 450 words in English OR 375 words in Hindi to be typed with
a minimum speed of 30 words per minute or 25 words per minute respectively. Test in Data entry will be of some figures and letters each carrying equal marks on computer. The above test will be conducted on Computer Key board, but not on a typewriter. Further, the candidates have to secure prescribed qualifying marks in this test. The marks will be based on speed and accuracy. This is a combined test, and marks in both the components put together will be reckoned for qualifying.
5. All the Divisional heads are directed for giving wide publicity to this Circular for inviting the Applications from Gramin Dak Sevaks in prescribed form. The last date for submission of prescribed applications by the Gramin Dak Sevaks is 27th March, 2014.
6. The Divisional heads have to ensure proper verification of Date of birth, service condition, Educational Qualification and caste w.r.t. proper records and forward the applications of eligible Gramin Dak Sevaks along with a list to reach the Regional office on 29.03.2014 and the region should forward the list and applications to Circle office on 01/04/14.
7. The applications should be accompanied by proof of date of birth, Educational Qualification, and Caste, duly recommended by the Divisional head. The service rendered by the Gramin Dak Sevaks has to be certified by the Competent Appointing Authority.
8. No application received after prescribed closing will be entertained under any circumstances.
All the Regional PMsG/Divisional Superintendents are requested to kindly call for the applications from the GDS officials in plain paper and after ascertaining the eligibility, supply the OMR kits to the eligible candidates. In divisions, where there is no vacancy, the GDS of the Divisions should not be supplied with the applications.
The following is the time schedule for the above examination.
Notification by Divisions/Units
Last date for receipt of application at Divisional level in plain paper
Last date for submission of filled OMR applications by GDS
Forwarding of applications to the Regional Office with recommendations by the Divisional Head
Forwarding to Circle office by the Regions
The time schedule may be strictly followed. The instructions issued regarding scrutiny of applications and dispatch by the Divisions/Regions should also be scrupulously followed.
Please acknowledge the receipt of the letter.
Asst. Postmaster General(Rectt)
For Chief Postmaster General